Friday, February 21, 2014

Premier League - Suarez: I can achieve my dreams at Liverpool

Luis Suarez has admitted that winning the league this season will be difficult but believes he can achieve his dreams at Liverpool.

Despite having sought a move away from Anfield last summer in search of Champions League football, the Uruguayan now appears settled at the club in the wake of a new four-and-a-half year contract.
In an interview with the Liverpool Echo, Suarez said: “When I arrived here I said it was my dream to play for Liverpool and play Champions League here. I know I can achieve my dreams here.”
Liverpool look well-placed to achieve that dream sat in fourth place and just four points off top spot with 12 games remaining.
Suarez, however, believes that winning the league outright this season will be tough due to the size of the Liverpool squad.
“Can we win the title? I’m not sure," he said. "I think this season the Premier League is so difficult. Every team can lose games. Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal have been dropping points.
“We know we have a small squad. When our best 11 players start we have shown we can do well against any team. But if we have one or two injuries it can become difficult for the manager."
And the forward, who has scored 23 goals in 21 league games this season, maintains that returning to Champions League football remains the club’s goal this season.
“To be in the Champions League is what we all want. This is our objective – to play in it next season.”

No comments:

Post a Comment