Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rosicky, Mertesacker sign new Arsenal deals

Rosicky, Mertesacker sign new Arsenal deals

Arsenal pair Tomas Rosicky and Per Mertesacker have signed new deals, the club have announced.

Mertesacker, 29, signed for the club in 2011 from Werder Bremen, and has gone on to become a fan favourite making 110 appearances while Rosicky, 33, is currently in his eighth season at the club.
“We are delighted that Mertesacker and Rosicky have committed their futures to the club," said Arsène Wenger.
"They are players of exceptional quality and experience, and have consistently proven themselves at the highest level. There is a great feeling of togetherness and belief in the group and this news will only help to strengthen this further.”
Mertesacker, who has formed an exceptional partnership with Laurent Koscielny, has been at the club for two years and a half years and saw the decision to commit as an easy one.
"It was easy for me to commit myself to the Club. I have been here for two and a half great years and feel I have great support from everyone at the Club and the fans.
"On my first visit to England as a boy I brought an Arsenal jersey as a souvenir and was so proud wearing it when playing football with my friends. Many years later, I have become a real Gunner, being even more proud to wear the Arsenal jersey," he added.
The future of another Arsenal stalwart is yet to be decided however with Bacary Sagna’s contract set to expire at the end of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment